I tickle myself coming up with titles for each post. I’m still chuckling at this one.
So I’m going through my stuff again, seeing what can be released from my life to make space for something else. Is there a such thing as too much letting go? Because I feel like I was just getting rid of stuff at the beginning of December. There are still items that need to get the boot though.
Unfortunately, I seemed to slack when it came to my t-shirts. While there aren’t many I don’t like, four of them immediately came to mind. It’s not that I don’t like these particular shirts. They’ve simply outlived their original lifetime. Perfect DIY candidates.
Now to find some t-shirt inspiration. Where? Pinterest of course.
Rant alert: Okay… what did they do to Pinterest? It’s so much work trying to find projects now. Was Pinterest rehab so effective that it’s been long enough to miss some majorly minor site enhancements? Sheesh. There was a day when everything I could possibly want to make was right there on my landing page and I’d pin to my heart’s content. Now there’s some kinda fancy algorithm that makes me do the work to look for projects. Ugh… who wants to use the search function? Why, Pinterest, why?!
Focus. DIY. I was looking for a cool project I could finish in a short amount of time (think 10 minutes or less). I found a couple that looked promising. I figured I’d start with the easiest one: a simple cut-out.
DIY T-shirt Refashion: Cut-out
- T-shirt (jersey works best)
- Fine-tip marker
Iron the t-shirt, if necessary. Put it on to see where you want to make your marks.
Mark three points on the shirt to define the area you want to cut.
Start by cutting the neck (1 to 3). Then cut from 1 to 2 and 3 to 2. Grab at 1 and 2 and pull gently to curl the edges in. Repeat with 2 and 3.
And… you’re done. Simple.
You may have wondered why there’s a lot of cleavage in today’s main picture. This post is a DIY and fail all rolled into one. I like the idea, but having almost 82% of my cleavage on display was not the intended outcome. For the next one, I have to rethink the angle and length. Luckily, I have three more tries to get it right. I’m not giving up on this. Unless it involves geometry.