This is the last of the first set of refashions. And it was an epic fail.
I can’t even begin to tell you what I don’t like about this one. Could be that I was inches off on finding my natural waist. Or my boobs have become two sizes bigger than when I bought the shirt. Or it’s some sad form of peplum since it was my first go at trying to create a peplum top.
The only upside is I finally got past my fear of trying to sew elastic in a garment to create gathering. That I do perfectly. Just 4″ above my natural waist.
Anyway, here’s what the dress looked like before I took to it with the rotary cutter:
This isn’t all bad though. I actually am happy with myself for attempting it. And I wasn’t wearing the dress anyway, so no harm no foul.