I tried a new technique last night after looking at Savvy Brown’s blog on how she did dry twists. Here is the end result
How did I do it?
- Take a brown bag and rip or cut it into 1″ or 2″ strips
- Twist hair in two strands using your styling product(s) of choice
- Wrap the ends in a circle around the strip of paper and then spiral roll up the paper
- Tie the strip into a knot. Be careful on this step if you’re doing this with wet hair. The bag will tear if you pull it too tight
- Air dry or sit under a dryer. I let my air dry overnight.
I would make a few changes. First, I’ll probably invest in a piece of satin fabric and cut it into strips. I’ll also try to do smaller twists. I got lazy at the end (near the top where my hair is densest) and made the twists larger. And I’ll also try to do them when my hair is dry.
Those are the simple steps I took to achieve the look.